ESHA CHHABRAJUL 17 2013, 3:05 PM ET
St. Stephen's Hospital, situated near old Delhi, has the only polio ward in the country. It has on average 10 beds devoted to polio patients. Given that polio is not an emergency case, most hospitals struggle to give polio patients immediate care. However, St. Stephen's is a rare find. It offers free-of-cost polio corrective surgeries to patients who come from far corners of the country. The orthopedic team builds the braces and prosthetics in-house, which keeps their costs low. Here's a glimpse inside the ward.
Post Polio Litaff, Association A.C _APPLAC Mexico
- Marinos C. Dalakas, MD
- Nutrition and Post-Polio Lauro S. Halstead, MD, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC
- Tips and Techniques for Polio Survivors
- Body's own pain relief 'is best'
- Physiotherapy, braces, special shoes, calipers, and in many cases,
- Fibromyalgia Pain Treatment Options
- Audio MP3 Aclaración del Código "G14"
- Exercise: Use it and Lose it
The Polio Crusade
THE POLIO CRUSADE IN AMERICAN EXPERIENCE A GOOD VIDEO THE STORY OF THE POLIO CRUSADE pays tribute to a time when Americans banded together to conquer a terrible disease. The medical breakthrough saved countless lives and had a pervasive impact on American philanthropy that ... Continue reading..http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/polio/