- Marinos C. Dalakas, MD
- Nutrition and Post-Polio Lauro S. Halstead, MD, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC
- Tips and Techniques for Polio Survivors
- Body's own pain relief 'is best'
- Physiotherapy, braces, special shoes, calipers, and in many cases,
- Fibromyalgia Pain Treatment Options
- Audio MP3 Aclaración del Código "G14"
- Exercise: Use it and Lose it
On the brink of eradication: Why polio research matters
Poliovirus research offers insights into other viruses that impact global health
In the decades since Dr. Jonas Salk developed the first polio vaccine, cases of polio have exponentially declined. Though once widespread epidemic, the highly infectious childhood disease is now close to global eradication.
The question remains: why would researchers spend time and resources studying a virus already on the brink of total eradication?
Publicadas por Asociación Post Polio Litaff, A.C Applac
The Polio Crusade
THE POLIO CRUSADE IN AMERICAN EXPERIENCE A GOOD VIDEO THE STORY OF THE POLIO CRUSADE pays tribute to a time when Americans banded together to conquer a terrible disease. The medical breakthrough saved countless lives and had a pervasive impact on American philanthropy that ... Continue reading..http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/polio/